10 oz. barley malt-sweetened chocolate chips or other vegan chocolate chips
2 - 12.3 oz. packages of Mori-Nu Silken Style Tofu, extra firm
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 T. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately one sleeve crushed)
3 T. cocoa powder
1 T. unbleached cane sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil
- Begin by pressing the tofu. In a large colander, place a natural unbleached coffee filter, place the two blocks of tofu in the coffee filter, cover the tofu blocks with another coffee filter, place a plate on the top of the coffee filter, and then a heavy can or weight on top of the plate.
- Place the colander over a bowl, then place the entire set-up in the refrigerator, and leave to drain for several hours or overnight. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. In a food processor or blender, combine the pressed tofu, melted chocolate chips, and remaining filling ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, and sugar, stirring until well mixed. Drizzle in safflower oil, and using your fingers, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Firmly press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and set aside. Pour filling over top of crust and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and chill, preferably overnight, or for several hours. Garnish with fresh fruit or sliced almonds, if desired.